Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Crostata


I love crostata! It's one of my favourite cakes. So simple but so good!
This is the way my mom uses to make it.

Well of course will never be like my mom's but I try :-)
By the way I'd like to thank her for the recipe! Grazie mamma!


Ingredients:

  • Butter: 13o grams
  • Flour: 350 grams
  • Sugar: 120 grams
  • Baking powder: half sachet
  • Grated lemon skin
  • Sweet liquor
  • 1 egg and 1 yolk
  • whatever jam you prefer
Mix all the ingredients and make a compact dough. Don't work it too much, otherwise the butter will melt. If too solid add a bit of milk.
Leave the dough in the fridge for 30 mins. After that keep 1/3 of the half for the decorative stripes.

Put some butter on a baking tin and roll out the dough directly on it. Cover the base with jam and finish with some dough-stripes.

Put in the oven at 200 °C for about 20 mins. You'll see when it gets gold and crisp!


Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment